Sunday, September 16, 2012

A Successful Show

The last few weeks have flown by, but finally things are quieting down a bit and I'm happy to get back to my blog! I've missed writing here, although I've done my best to keep up with friends' blogs.

Yesterday I was part of a show and sale which took place in the web press room of our local newspaper, The Wakefield Daily Item. The show was organized by Melanie, a talented ceramist, who is also in charge of digital layout at the paper.


The affair was beautifully advertised in area papers and I was invited to be a part of it, which felt very nice. I worked pretty steadily in the weeks prior to the show to finish up some new pieces, which I'll share with you soon.

Here are a few photos from the show. It was a very interesting and funky environment, and there were ceramists, potters and clay artists, as well as painters and two jewelry artists.

my table





birdhouses mimicking real homes



a gift packet from Melanie for each artisan - so nice!

I met some lovely people at the show, was happy to see friends who stopped by, had a terrific day and even sold a few pieces of my work! It was a great experience.

Soon I'll post photos of the pictures I made recently.
 Meanwhile I hope that everyone who reads this has had a wonderful weekend!

3 comments:

Lorinda.C.F said...

Congratulations on a fabulous show Judy! I can't wait to see all of your goodies up close. It all looks like a grand success. xx

Anonymous said...

Yay! I'm so glad the show went well and your table looked great! I can't wait to see some close-ups of your work.
Stay inspired!

Libby Fife said...

What a wonderfully eclectic mix of items and an interesting venue to boot. So glad that you were able to participate. (Everybody should see your work!) Don't forget to show your new pieces too:)